Company History

1924

Foundation of "Rohr- und Fittingsfabrik, Zwick, Lang & Stede oHG" by August Zwick, Walter Lang and Hermann Stede.
  Product range: Joints and bends for armoured steel tubes, peschel conduits and tube parts for the sanitary branch.
Production in rented .

1928

 

Acquisition of a 5.500 m² production facility in Hagen-Hohenlimburg and production of autogenous  welded tubes. 

Forming of open-seam tubes with the "Kaltziehverfahren" technology on draw benches.

 

 


1954

Albrecht Zwick, grandson of August Zwick, succeeds in deforming stainless steel coils of the qualities 1.4762/ 1.4772 to a tube with very tight tolerances through a special tube drawing proceeding and subsequent TIG-welding.

1956

Albrecht Zwick acquires the partnership of his grandfather August Zwick.

1959

Albrecht Zwick becomes sole owner of the company.

1967

Start of production of welded stainless steel tubes (round, square and rectangular). Quality 1.4301, 4571 and other.

1978  Conversion of the company into a KG (capital company).

1982

Relocation of the company to the industrial park "Hagen - Unteres Lennetal", Bandstahlstr 27 and expansion of the company area up to 8.000 m².

1989

Dipl.-Ing. Achim Zwick joins the company.

1991

Conversion of the company into a GmbH.

The in-house production of welded tubes is reduced, the trade enhanced. 

1998 Albrecht Zwick retires from the company for age reasons. Son Achim Zwick becomes sole managing director.
2004 Expansion of storage capacity with additional 12.000 m² through purchase and renovation of further storage facilities at Bandstahlstr. 30. With a property surface of 38.000 m² there is space for further storage halls.                          

 


2009

 

Completion of renovation of the storage facilities at Bandstahlstr. 30 and full utilisation.
2012 Planning for futher storage halls. 


Picture Gallery